Sunday Morning Opportunities for Children: Starting September 2
During the Sunday School Hour (9:45 to 10:45 am)
Children from pre-K through grade five are invited to participate in the Grow, Proclaim, Serve! curriculum, which incorporates Bible stories, activities, crafts, videos, and games into a full faith experience for children. Colorful and engaging materials invite children to explore the Bible while capturing their attention and ensuring that God’s message is taken to heart. All classrooms are located on the lower level.
- Pre-K through K: Room 8
- Grades 1-3: Room 2
- Grades 4-5: Room 7
Children Worship and Wonder (8:30 am and 11:00 am)
Sunday, September 2 is the day that we will launch our new children’s worship time, Children Worship and Wonder (CWW). Children Worship and Wonder is a unique, authentic worship time for children in preschool through 3rd grade. Each Sunday during both adult worship services, our children will engage in worship in Room 1. During this time they will be led in song, prayer, and story for a worship experience that is designed to meet the spiritual needs and interests of young children. (Additional information about Children Worship and Wonder will be forthcoming.)
How Can I Help With Children Worship & Wonder?
There are many ways you can be part of this important ministry at First Christian. If you can offer any of the following gifts on behalf of our children, we would appreciate your support:
- Encouragement. Parents, grandparents, and all adults can encourage and engage the children as they experience Children Worship & Wonder.
- Prayer. As with any ministry of our church, prayer will strengthen all that we do.
- Time. Volunteer greeters will be needed during each service to assist with the logistics of children’s worship. Look for more information about this crucial role in the next The Christian Visitor.
- Talents. If you are good with a paintbrush or a needle or you enjoy woodworking or interior design, we could benefit from your expertise.
- Money. Financial support is needed to purchase materials including story supplies, books, snacks, and bookshelves.
- Furnishings. The Children’s Sanctuary will need some lamps, baskets, artwork, etc, to create a child-friendly worship environment. Items of the quality used in the main sanctuary are desired; please see a storyteller to learn more about this need.
For more specific information about our children’s programs, please contact Connie Myers or Shelly Wagner through the church office.