Outreach and Service Ministries at FCC
We at First Christian Church understand outreach and service ministries as actions, words, and programs that act as the hands and feet of Christ reaching out to serve, embrace, and love the world.
Current local outreach and service ministries include the following:
- Serving a free breakfast each Sunday to people who are homeless and/or living in poverty
- Offering a low-barrier winter shelter 2–3 times a week to people experiencing homelessness
- Preparing and serving (quarterly) an evening meal to families engaged in Circles, a program to help people move out of poverty
- Making the building available to the community including 12-step programs and other support/advocacy groups
- Supporting community organizations that work with those living in poverty
- Inviting people into a deeper life of Christian discipleship through service and worship
- Welcoming people into the life of the FCC community
- Equipping and sending people to share their faith in both word and deed
- Encouraging people to serve “beyond the church’s doorsteps” and into the community (e.g. Meals on Wheels, Boys and Girls Club, Big Brothers/Big Sisters, reading partners, etc.)
Current global outreach and service ministries include the following:
- Sponsoring a pharmacy in Congo
- Supporting ministries of the wider church through six special annual offerings
- Mission trips
Christ has no body but yours.
No hands, no feet on earth but yours.
Yours are the eyes with which He looks Compassion on this world.
Yours are the feet with which He walks to do good.
Yours are the hands with which He blesses all the world.
Yours are the hands. Yours are the feet.
Yours are the eyes. You are His body.
~Teresa of Avila